When you are running a restaurant it is imperative that you have a reliable walk-in cooler or freezer space. Maintaining a cool temperature keeps your perishable goods cool and safe. If you miss the warning signs that your walk-in cooling system is malfunctioning you may have to throw away all of your products and in some cases even temporarily shut down your business while you wait to correct the issue and get fresh inventory delivered.
Listed below are 5 Signs Your Walk-In Cooler Needs Repair
- Damaged Seal on Cooler Door: The door to your cooler plays an important role in maintaining the conditions of your cooler. It needs to be air tight in order to protect the cool air inside from leaking out. Whenever air continues to leak out, your refrigerant system will have to work harder and harder to bring the temperature inside your cooler down. This can cause the machine to burn out. Ensure your door is shutting all the way, that the seal is strong, and that the door is not damaged to avoid problems with your cooler.
- Frost Collecting: Have you ever noticed excessive frost collecting on the walls of your walk-in freezer? This can be a sign that warm air is getting into your cooler. This means someone is either leaving the door of your refrigerated space open for way too long, or your walk-in is malfunctioning. If you notice this frost build-up in your space, reach out to the team at Autumn Mechanical today.
- Water Leaks: Have you ever noticed water leaking from your walls, ceiling, or vents? This can mean serious issues for your walk-in and all of the products you are storing inside of it. Luckily, the team at Autumn Mechanical is here to help you. Whether it is a plumbing, HVAC, or refrigerant issue, we have got you covered.
- Unpleasant Smells: Unpleasant smells coming from inside of your walk-in can be an indication that your space is not maintaining the proper temperature to preserve the contents inside. If the smell reminds you of cleaning supplies or chemicals, this could be a coolant leak. Do not put a repair like this off before it is too late. Call Autumn Mechanical right away to protect your inventory.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: When you are storing perishable food items, it is very important that you maintain a consistent temperature in order to protect these items from spoiling. If you are experiencing inconsistent temperatures too drastically your food can become contaminated, which makes it dangerous for consumers. If you notice fluctuating temperature in your walk-in, reach out to our team right away. We will work with you to find the source of the problem and come up with a solution that quickly restores function to your walk-in.
These are just 5 Signs Your Walk-In Cooler Needs Repair. If you observe any other strange sounds, smells, or problems, reach out to the team at Autumn Mechanical. We understand how important it is to have the equipment in your business working properly. This is why we work fast and efficiently to diagnose the issue you are having and correct it. From the restaurant industry to markets, we have got the solutions you need to properly store perishable items in your space. Contact us today to learn more about the services we offer and to schedule an appointment to inspect your refrigeration equipment.
Affordable Walk-in Cooler Repair Near Me
Autumn Mechanical — formerly Autumn Air delivers a single-point resource for mechanical contracting and service. Based in Spring, TX, Autumn Mechanical specializes in HVAC, plumbing, and refrigeration services. Serving customers in Houston, Dallas, and surrounding areas, our professional technicians serve with expertise and integrity.
With over 30 years of experience in the air conditioning and heating business, the team at Autumn Mechanical has built a trusted reputation throughout the communities of Houston. Our air conditioning services include, but are not limited to, residential/commercial AC and heating, repair, service, installation, maintenance, and heat pump equipment repair.
Whenever you are looking for high-quality air conditioning and heating services at a day affordable price, we can help! We service and replace both commercial and residential HVAC systems in order to bring you the ultimate climate control. Autumn Mechanical proudly serves the Greater Houston area, including Briarpark, Midtown, Sugar Land, Cypress, Pearland, The West University Place, The Heights, Spring, Willowbrook, Houston,Spring Branch, and The Woodlands. Don’t hesitate, give us a call today to find out what we can do for your home or business.
18812 Tomato St.
Spring, TX 77379
View our Google Business Listing
View our Facebook Page