Air conditioning units are major purchases that help to protect homes and businesses from outdoor weather conditions, while also providing comfort with cool air and climate control. With a properly functioning air conditioner your indoor air should be easy to regulate, improving air quality and giving you total control over your space.
In order to keep your air conditioning system in great condition for longer, you will need to have an experienced HVAC technician perform regular maintenance on your system. This will ensure your AC unit is not having to work harder to provide you with the same control. HVAC maintenance is key when it comes to getting the longest life possible from your HVAC system, while also saving you money by reducing the amount of electricity required to run it.
It is important to stay on top of changing your air filters regularly to ensure you are not overworking your unit. Additionally, if you have a smart thermostat, you will want to ensure it is functioning properly, as this can have a major impact on the conditioned air that flows through your home or business.
When our professional HVAC technicians at Autumn Mechanical service your HVAC system, we will check every aspect of your unit to ensure you are getting the best performance out of your system. We check to make sure the regular wear and tear of use has not weakened any parts, while also cleaning and servicing every part that needs attention. This improves the performance of your air conditioner, helps to avoid expensive breakdowns, and also lengthens the lifespan of your AC.
What Is an AC Tune-Up?
During a maintenance tune-up, a local HVAC professional will conduct a general inspection of your HVAC system, looking at both the indoor and outdoor components of your unit, such as the motors and belts. They’ll check for any dirty or loose electrical connections, leaks, or broken safety features.
If the air filter (which might be fiberglass, polyester, HEPA, or UV) needs to be changed, they will replace it to prevent any dust from entering your unit or home. They will also confirm that appropriate refrigerant levels are present and that the thermostat is working correctly. Then, the HVAC professional will measure the coolant levels, adding more if necessary. Finally, they will look for any blockages in the air ducts and, if they find any, clean them out.
After the general inspection, the professional will typically clean dirt, pet hair, excess dust, or other debris out of the evaporator and the condenser coils. When these items build up in your AC system, they can get trapped in the cooling fins, which impedes airflow.
The last step of the process is a simple operation test. The HVAC professional will turn on your unit to make sure it is functioning correctly.
How Does an AC Tune-Up Help Maintain the Unit?
Yearly tune-ups will help prolong the life of your AC unit and save you money on your utility bills. Here are some of the other benefits to maintaining your AC system:
- Better Energy Efficiency: Regular tune-ups will ensure your unit is working to its maximum potential, using the least amount of energy necessary to cool your home.
- Lower Energy Bills: When your unit is in tip-top shape, it’s using the least amount of energy necessary to cool your home, which means that you’ll likely see a drop in your energy bills.
- Uniform Cooling: An AC that’s in good condition should cool your home evenly. Regular tune-ups will ensure you don’t have areas in your house where it’s unexpectedly or unpleasantly hotter or colder than others.
- Prevents Major Damage: By having a HVAC technician regularly check for minor damage, you can prevent bigger problems from developing. Not only do regular tune-ups save you from an AC breakdown, but it will also help you save money on repairs down the line.
- Longer Lifespan: Regular maintenance will prolong the life of your machine, plain and simple. With yearly tune-ups, you’ll catch problems early and be able to diagnose them quickly. Don’t forget: A well-cared-for AC unit can last up to 15 years.
Affordable Air Conditioning Company in Houston, TX
Autumn Mechanical — formerly Autumn Air delivers a single-point resource for mechanical contracting and service. Based in Spring, TX, Autumn Mechanical specializes in HVAC, plumbing, and refrigeration services. Serving customers in Houston, Dallas, and surrounding areas, our professional technicians serve with expertise and integrity.
With over 30 years of experience in the air conditioning and heating business, the team at Autumn Mechanical has built a trusted reputation throughout the communities of Houston. Our air conditioning services include but are not limited to, residential/commercial AC and heating, repair, service, installation, maintenance, and heat pump equipment repair.
18812 Tomato St.
Spring, TX 77379
Google Business Listing